The Director, Media Services will plan and manage media operations, promotion and support for all of the Conference’s sponsored sports and championship events. Director will manage team of media services assistants in timely production of game results, record keeping, statistics compilation, and news releases. Will coordinate media operations for all Big 12 championships, media days, and other special events; and work closely with digital media team in promotion of the Conference and its member institutions across all Big 12 online, mobile, social and traditional communications platforms.
Ongoing, beginning immediately.
The successful candidate will report to the Associate Commissioner – Communications. Duties include:
- Overseeing the Big 12 media services operation.
- Leading the media services team and working in conjunction with the digital services team to ensure timely, comprehensive and engaging promotion and reporting of Big 12 Conference results, statistics, news and information, and its dissemination across all Conference online, mobile, social and traditional communications platforms.
- Managing the media services team to produce online record books, media notes, news releases, statistics compilation, and team-generated feature content.
- Establishing and maintaining positive relations with media through strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Contributing regular written content to Big 12 communications platforms to supplement multimedia assets.
- Serving as primary communications contact including handling media operations planning and staffing for all Big 12 championships, media days, and special events.
- Working in conjunction with Conference staff, member schools and media, as needed in the promotion of the Conference, its member institutions’ sports programs, coaches and student-athletes.
- Guiding best practices for the Conference and colleagues in using media and content distribution to engage with schools and fans, including helping Big 12 remain current on how content marketing is evolving and how audiences are receiving, consuming and acting on information.
- Contributing to communications activities and team, as necessary.
- Maintaining the Big 12 archive library and supporting maintenance of the Big 12 website.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree required. Applicants should have 4 or more years of relevant team and people management experience; and a strong personal working knowledge of athletics communications. Proven strategic planning experience is necessary, as are:
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and StatCrew statistical software.
- Knowledge of various online and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, as well as HTML coding).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to stay up-to-date on current and emerging communication technologies and social media.
An aptitude and passion for college sports is preferred as a successful candidate must be able to direct staff in providing media support and reporting services across all Big 12 sponsored sports.
Applicants must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and manage staff producing a high volume of assignments using strong organizational skills is required. Candidates will have excellent problem-solving, time management and leadership skills, in addition to creative thinking abilities; and will be expected to take direction and initiative, acting in accordance with the core values of the Big 12 Conference.
Travel and weekend work is required.
For full consideration submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references by May 26, 2017 to:
Brad Clements, Assistant Commissioner/Human Resources Director
Big 12 Conference
400 East John Carpenter Freeway
Irving, Texas 75062
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Big 12 Conference is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. For more information on the Big 12 Conference visit Big12Sports.com.