The Director, Digital Content & Strategy will plan, manage, develop and syndicate digital and social content across all Big 12 communications platforms. Director will manage team of Digital Correspondents to produce timely, comprehensive and engaging content to be distributed across all Big 12 online, mobile, social and traditional communications platforms. Will also ensure all content is cross-utilized on a day-to-day basis, while also managing the ongoing strategy and operations for all Big 12 social and digital platforms. Director will also maintain the Big 12 content library and website.
Ongoing, beginning immediately.
The successful candidate will report to the Associate Commissioner – Communications. Duties include:
- Overseeing the Big 12 digital content operations online, on mobile and on social platforms.
- Leading the digital content team and working in conjunction with the Media Services team to ensure timely, comprehensive and engaging content is distributed across all Big 12 online, mobile, social and traditional communications platforms.
- Managing all Digital Correspondents and Multimedia Designers to produce and edit timely, comprehensive and engaging original content, as well as to package highlights from Big 12 member schools and various media partners to issue across appropriate Big 12 communications platforms.
- Defining and implementing an ongoing editorial content strategy incorporating appropriate degrees of Conference and member school content, including working with team to build, schedule and maintain an ongoing content editorial calendar.
- Contributing regular written content to Big 12 communications platforms to supplement multimedia assets.
- Serving as primary communications contact for social and digital content, working in conjunction with Conference staff, member schools and media, as needed.
- Ensuring content is balanced across member schools, sports, academics and the Conference to bring further understanding and/or clarity to each topic.
- Guiding best practices for the Conference and colleagues in using paid social media and content distribution to engage with schools and fans, including helping Big 12 remain current on how content marketing is evolving and how audiences are receiving, consuming and acting on information.
- Contributing to communications activities and team, as necessary.
- Maintaining the Big 12 content library and Big 12 website.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree required. Applicants should have 4 or more years of relevant team and people management experience; and a strong personal working knowledge of the video editing and production processes, including proven skills using video editing and graphic editing software (Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office). Proven strategic planning experience is necessary, as are:
- Proficiency with online and social media channels; HTML, HTML5 and CSS.
- Knowledge of editing content and materials for consistency and brand appropriateness.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of broadband delivery systems.
- Willingness to stay up-to-date on current and emerging technologies for video production and social media.
An aptitude and passion for college sports is preferred as a successful candidate must be able to direct Digital Correspondents and Multimedia Designers in providing unique insight and access into Big 12 programs.
Applicants must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and manage staff producing a high volume of assignments using strong organizational skills is required. Candidates will have excellent problem-solving, time management and leadership skills, in addition to creative thinking abilities; and will be expected to take direction and initiative, acting in accordance with the core values of the Big 12 Conference.
Travel and weekend work is required.
For full consideration submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references by May 19, 2017 to:
Brad Clements, Assistant Commissioner/Human Resources Director
Big 12 Conference
400 East John Carpenter Freeway
Irving, Texas 75062
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Big 12 Conference is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. For more information on the Big 12 Conference visit Big12Sports.com.