Downtown Dallas-based PR agency seeks strategic, driven and creative account director for nationally recognized “no-jerks” culture. Ranked in the top 100 U.S. PR firms, and top five in Texas by O’Dwyer’s, the agency serves major food, restaurant and retail brands.
Candidate will serve as a leader in the company, provide strategy development for several clients, exhibit strong communication skills and the ability to manage and motivate account teams. Candidate will have PR agency experience with a deep understanding of all facets of PR, social media, crisis communications and media relations. Active pursuit of new business opportunities is strongly encouraged, and candidate should be able to lead the new business process. Directors report to the president and serve as mentors to all SPM team members, set high standards by example, and manage workload and employee growth plans for account teams.
The requirements to be a director at SPM Communications are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations or a related field from a four-year accredited college or university
- Minimum of eight years’ PR experience, and at least four years' agency experience required
- PR agency experience required and background in retail, restaurant or food PR preferred
- Proficiency in crisis communications
- Proficiency in media relations with established media contacts
- Deep understanding of client industries, competitors and all facets of PR
- Ability to effectively lead and direct staff in a competitive, high-energy environment and industry
- Decision making abilities on budget development and allocation, and account service procedures
- Solid social media knowledge and relevant applications for clients
SPM offers a fun, collaborative work environment that includes competitive benefits, flex Fridays and additional perks centered on providing a strong work/life balance.
Please send resume and two writing samples to Mary Kate Jeffries at email@example.com.