SALARY: $45,635.20 Annually
Responsible for providing support of a variety of communication and marketing programs. This includes coordinating, designing and developing brochures, flyers, website and social media content updates, e-mail marketing and other traditional and emerging forms of promotion. Produce photography/graphic design to support written material. Assist with special events and other public communication duties as assigned.
- General supervision is provided by the Communications and Marketing Coordinator.
You can search for this position's full job description here.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All behaviors comply with the Code of Conduct and Rules of Behavior outlined in Chapter 8 of the General Government Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Coordinates programs that increase engagement and interaction within the social media channels, including; but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, NextDoor, Pinterest, Snapchat and Instagram.
- Develop social media posts and other content to help build awareness and engage the public.
- Monitor social media sites and respond to comments.
- Collaborate with staff about new social media, digital advertising, promotion and PR methods to improve overall communication with the public.
- Coordinate with Communications staff and other City departments to create and maintain webpages and other projects designed to convey messages to the public via the Web or other City communication platforms.
- Design and implement marketing strategies and relevant materials to promote approved campaigns and programs.
- Must be able to distinguish colors and view various visual mediums to accurately review digital content and messages.
- Produce photography and/or video of projects, events and programs to support written material and promotions.
- Use graphic design software and tools to create content to promote City programs, events and campaigns.
- Coordinate production and distribution of e-newsletters.
- Participate in team meetings and creative brainstorm sessions.
- Perform other duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, Advertising or Marketing or other related field.
- Three years of related experience in marketing, digital advertising, social media, promotional campaign development, and familiarity with traditional and emerging forms of promotion.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; some evenings and weekends as needed for special events.
APPLY ONLINE AT: www.cityofmesquite.com