The Digital/Marketing internship is designed to provide students and recent grads with invaluable experience within VisitDallas through assisting with special projects directly related to marketing Dallas as a destination. This internship will provide a unique opportunity to be involved in many exciting projects, including social media initiatives, marketing campaigns and more.
VisitDallas is an independent, not-for-profit organization comprised of professionals serving as the sales and marketing arm for Dallas. Our mission is to promote Dallas as the ideal business and leisure destination to the regional, national, and international marketplace, and to favorably impact the Dallas economy through conventions and tourism.
Our efforts have significantly increased awareness of Dallas locally, nationally, and internationally, and have resulted in Dallas being recognized as one of the top convention destinations in the nation and the no. 1 visitor destination in the state of Texas.
- Support digital team in influencing travel to Dallas through content creation for VisitDallas.com, the Dallas Now blog, the VisitDallas social channels and video
- Work with digital content specialist on social media management, including researching, writing and editing copy and sourcing photography for daily posts.
- Work with content specialist on blog writing, writing 1-2 posts per month, as well as contributing other stories to VisitDallas.com, including city guides, neighborhood profiles and itineraries
- Assist with website event submissions, including editing and writing copy, reaching out to partners for additional photos and maintaining events database.
- Support other marketing projects as needed, collaborating with the creative services, public relations and marketing teams
The ideal candidate must have an interest in gaining knowledge of communications and marketing. In order to maximize the internship experience, the ideal work hours for the position are 20-30 hours per week (flexible) for six months or one semester. This is a paid internship with numerous opportunities to interact with professionals within the sports, hospitality, city government and media sectors.
The candidate must possess:
- Superior writing skills with above-average knowledge of AP Style with experience writing optimal copy for social platforms and the web.
- Strong written and verbal skills, computer knowledge to include Microsoft Office and Excel, e-mail, organizational skills, and a high level of attention to detail.
- Basic Adobe Creative Suite skills a plus. Experience with Premiere and AfterEffects not required but recommended.
- The candidate must have a strong will to learn, be creative, enjoy working in a team atmosphere, and be able to follow through on projects without constant supervision.