The Digital Communications Specialist develops and implements digital communications strategy to fully maximize user experience and engagement through the Academy’s online presence – including but not limited to the Ursuline website, social media, email, and other forms of digital marketing. The Digital Communications Specialist is a full-time member of the Ursuline Academy communications team and reports to the Director of Communications.
• Engaging website design, maintaining current and compelling content; capable infrastructure management which takes full advantage of available software tools to achieve best practice digital communications goals.
• Productive and mutually supportive relationships with in-house editors (admissions, advancement, athletics, etc.) and other Ursuline staff partners, providing training as required; customer service orientation to meet internal client requests.
• Integrated online marketing communications utilizing social media and digital advertising across various platforms and channels to promote the Ursuline mission and student experience.
• High quality, timely digital publications and announcements to disseminate information as appropriate to meet the needs of parents/families, alumnae, employees, donors, and other key constituencies.
• Ongoing coordination with Technology staff to support data management and digital applications.
• Implementation of communications strategies in adherence with all applicable Ursuline Academy policies for appropriate use of technology including network resources, database information, and social media.
• Ursuline website content management, with ongoing review, updates/refresh as needed for dynamic and static site content including photography, text, page graphics, video, social media channel feeds, forms, etc.
• Regular reporting and analysis of website traffic and utilization of other digital tools for website optimization (SEO).
• Back-end management of Finalsite software and database integration processes; coordinating with Technology to manage login processes/communications for website.
• Strategic digital advertising to raise awareness of Ursuline’s mission, academic excellence, and signature programs.
• Tracking and assessing website, social media, and digital advertising activities.
• Production and distribution of all Ursuline email communications (Quicklinks, other regular e-newsletters, email announcements, invitations, etc.).
• Create, implement, and provide data reporting for constituent surveys. Investigate best practice approaches and new tools as available for survey design and data reporting.
• Online editorial calendars for production of publications, email communications, home page, and other site content.
• Manage digital databases as required, including annual data refreshes.
• Ensure brand integrity across digital communications channels.
• Bachelor’s degree in web development, communications, or related field
• Minimum 5 years experience in digital communications/web development
• Knowledge of Adobe Suite and other graphics and video editing software
• Experience with software instruments for survey design and reporting
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Experience producing content for social media, with working knowledge of platforms
• Highly organized, detail oriented, creative self-starter
• Experience with content management systems; working knowledge of Finalsite a plus
• Desire to work as a collaborative team member to achieve integrated communications goals within the larger vision of the Ursuline mission and strategic priorities
How to Apply
To apply for this position, download the Employment Application and Background Check forms. Email the completed forms with your resume, cover letter, and any letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Ursuline Academy of Dallas
Founded in 1874, Ursuline Academy of Dallas is an independent Catholic college preparatory school for young women sponsored by the Ursuline Sisters. The mission of Ursuline Academy is the total development of the individual student through spiritual formation, intellectual growth, service to others, and building of community.
The Academy seeks faculty and staff who meet a high standard of professional and personal excellence in their work, offering competitive salary and benefits and an opportunity to develop our students into leaders of tomorrow.
An equal opportunity employer, Ursuline Academy will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment. It is our policy to make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications for the specific job without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law, except where such is a bona-fide occupational qualification.