The Database Assistant position is responsible for the day-to-day input of data into Raiser’s Edge. This position is a temporary position from October 2017 - January 2018.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts all membership and gift processing, as well as biographical data entry for the Zoo.
- Responsible for event and prospect data entry (e.g., contact information, biographical background). Handles regular updates to contact information, including returned mail and email bounce backs.
- Produces fulfillment materials such as membership cards, standard thank you letter, etc.
- Monitors and maintains database accuracy and constituent updates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Up to one year of experience with relational databases, specifically with Raiser’s Edge.
- Efficient and accurate data-entry skills
- Exceptional attention to detail with a strong commitment to maintain the integrity of data entered into Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to process large amounts of data under pressure and strict deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of database management.
- A strategic approach to problem solving.
- Organized, energetic, flexible and computer proficient.
- Strong MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills.
- Initiates and has ability to work independently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the Dallas Zoo.
- Must have good observational skills.
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation
- Must be able to walk, stand, sit, kneel, stoop, twist, reach above head, pull bend, climb stairs and carry up to 50lbs.
- Work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver’s license (to operate Zoo vehicles) with reliable transportation
Copy and Paste Link Below into New Browser to Apply: