SALARY: $43,056.00 Annually
Assist in the development and implementation of comprehensive communication and marketing strategies for the Mesquite Convention and Visitors Bureau, while ensuring brand integrity. Review and analyze marketing needs for digital media, tradeshows, publications, special events, and for sports, meetings, SMERF and tourism markets to create and manage content in conjunction with the CVB Marketing Plan and across all CVB platforms and channels.
Supervision is provided by the CVB Director.
You can search for this position's full job description here.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All behaviors comply with the Code of Conduct and Rules of Behavior outlined in Chapter 8 of the General Government Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Adheres to assigned work schedule as outlined in city and department attendance policies and procedures.
- Coordinates Public Relations campaigns in support of the CVB Marketing Plan. Develops materials, writes articles and prepares story pitches in a continuing effort to obtain maximum media coverage for the City as a destination. Materials include newspaper and magazine articles, advertising for trade and consumer publications, press kits, brochures, meeting planner guide, SMERF (social, military, education, religious, fraternal) brochure materials.
- In conjunction with the CVB Marketing Plan, coordinates digital platforms, social media, website content and other targeted promotions to attract visitors to Mesquite. Curates images the CVB can employ in social media content and marketing efforts. Plans and coordinates social media communications and calendar as well as special communication projects and promotions
- Markets Mesquite and specific city venues to SMERF (social, military, educational, religious and fraternal) groups, including but not limited to Parks and Recreation facilities (rentals for weddings, parties, reunions, etc.), Historic Mesquite, Inc. facilities (historic sites/barn for weddings, parties, reunions, etc.), and Mesquite Arts Center (weddings, reunions, parties, etc.).
- Coordinates airport marketing to target corporate air traffic contacts located outside of DFW area.
- Writes, edits, and produces e-newsletters.
- Coordinates the CVB website content through use of specialized computer software programs and development of content and graphics. Ensures that website content is consistent with CVB's destination marketing campaigns and Marketing Plan, and refreshes content to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information and images.
- Monitors, listens, and responds to activity on social media channels.
- Evaluates marketing and PR efforts, using a variety of online and social media evaluation tools, as well as prepares monthly reports showing accomplishments and return on investment (ROI).
- Responsible for developing, coordinating and publishing the CVB's calendar of events.
- Responsible for developing the media calendar for releasing information on special events.
- Maintains database of travel writers, editors, and related media.
- Take photos and videos for use in marketing. Demonstrates the ability to maintain a photo file system and file system on all marketing related material either created in- house or published by the newspaper, specialty publications or electronic media.
- Coordinates research, planning and recommendations for annual CVB marketing and advertising budget.
- Coordinates the use of outside vendors (i.e. photographers, copywriters, graphic designers) to develop communication materials as needed.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or closely related field.
Professional level work experience in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or closely related field may substitute for Bachelor degree requirement.
One year of professional level work experience may be substituted for each year of required education, up to a maximum substitution of four years.
A High School Diploma or GED is required when substituting professional level work experience for the Bachelor degree requirement.
One year of experience working in marketing, communications, public relations, public administration, journalism or closely related field is required.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
Possession of a valid driver's license.
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., with some evenings and weekends as needed for special events.
APPLY ONLINE AT: www.cityofmesquite.com