The City of Fort Worth Water Department has a Customer Engagement Lead job available in our Customer Care Division. You will be responsible for managing the Water Department’s daily customer outreach and communication efforts.
The posting closes on April 13. Use the following link to see more information and all online. All applications must be submitted online. https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=FORTWORTH&cws=37&rid=42558
Customer Engagement Coordinator job duties include:
- Supervise three Communication Specialists and report directly to the Assistant Director of the Water Department’s Customer Care Division.
- Prepare and manage the section’s budget, planning, prioritizing, supervising and reviewing the work of direct reports.
- Collaborate with and review outreach activities and materials developed by Conservation Specialists in a separate section of the Water Department.
- Oversee the department outreach activities and communication campaigns for both adults and school-age children.
- Be responsible for the oversight of the website, social media, and community presentations, presence at community events, printed materials, the departmental speaker’s bureau, bill inserts and bill messages.
- Oversee the promotion of the staffing of relevant public meetings.
- Solicit and evaluate customer feedback
Minimum job qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Social Sciences, Marketing, Public Administration, or a related field.
- At least three years of increasingly responsible experience in communications, public relations or marketing.
- Able to work in an office environment with travel to various locations; some evenings and weekend work is required.
- Able to work on call support for department during crisis communications situations.
- At least one year experience preparing and managing budgets.
Preferred experience includes:
- At least three years of experience overall in communication planning, implementation tracking; social media planning and implementation, video production, implementing social marketing, or implementing lifestyle changing programs.
- At least three years of experience supervising and leading employees.
- Work experience with utilities or environmental programs.
- Knowledge of community organizations; desktop publishing skills using Adobe Creative Suite Products (In-Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier, etc.)
- Bilingual English/Spanish – understand, speak, read and write.