DFW Airport has a strong commitment to the community, developing and implementing programs and strategies that drive a positive perception for customers and stakeholders. The Community Relations Specialist plays an active role in bringing these programs and strategies to life by planning special events for local, national and international VIPs and community leaders; coordinating with Owner and Host city chambers and organizations; scheduling and leading Airport tours; and successfully communicating the impact of DFW’s robust community relations activities. The Specialist will also help develop and maintain a budget for implementing and executing year-round, seasonal and one-time events. There are also banners and digital assets that welcome visitors to DFW for conferences, sporting events and cultural activities.
The successful candidate will be a high-energy person who is eager to take on multiple tasks with high visibility. A passion for aviation and the Dallas Fort Worth region are major plus.
- Coordinates the Owner Cities Program (banner program), and Welcome message programs designed to promote qualified community events, and DFW public relations promotions on banners and on other specific media around the Airport.
- Manages the program by serving as DFW Internal Airport’s liaison with community organizations in the Owner Cities and region, coordinating the process, receipt and distribution of promotional information and determining location to display banners and other information.
- Coordinates the Airport’s Tour and Community organizations Visits Program by managing the scheduling and the delivery of tours, setting standards for availability of tours, developing agendas, securing management participation, handling all tour logistics and establishing processes and guidelines for effective implementation - promoting DFW Airport’s value proposition and impact as an economic engine for the community at large.
- Creates, develops, implements, and tracks new community engagement programs and initiatives for the Airport in support of DFW’s community engagement strategy to engage the public and businesses from the surrounding communities and increase advocacy for DFW goals and initiatives; presents and implements ideas on community relations initiatives to management.
- Proactively develops annual community outreach plan of strategic group engagement to schedule, develop programming as needed and execute planned visits from Leadership groups sponsored by area cities and Chambers, universities, organizations and other stakeholder delegations.
- Administers the annual Sr. Staff Community Engagement Participation survey.
- Coordinates and implements project planning and logistics for special events, including plan development and tracking, communications plan presentations, budget development and monitoring, communications, promotion and follow-up publicity that supports DFW’s image and reputation in the community.
- Ensures the acquisition of Airport-branded promotional items for a variety of audiences ranging from school age-appropriate gifts to executive level gifts. Maintains an annual budget for promotional items.
- Represents DFW Airport in the community and on community projects serving as the liaison for activities occurring at DFW Airport.
- Manages and executes the Airport’s major educational activities leading cross-functional, internal and external teams for successful event implementation
- Assists the Assistant Vice President, Senior Manager and other Corporate Communications staff members on event coordination and special projects, including memberships and sponsorships and media-related activities and other Corporate Communications projects on an as-needed basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, business, marketing communications, journalism or related field.
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in event planning.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Demonstrated writing and communications ability.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above on a year-for-year basis.
- Possession of a valid class C driver’s license.