Huckabee, with offices located across Texas, specializes in the design of educational facilities. The firm is known for its attention to detail and emphasis on quality and collaboration. Our mission to make an impact of excellence on the communities we serve continues to fuel our growth and success.
Huckabee is one of the fastest growing Architectural / Engineering firms in the nation. The firm appears consistently on top industry lists for growth, workplace environment, and innovation. Zweig Group recently voted Huckabee the “Best Firm to Work For,” placing number three on the list for architecture firms and number one for structural engineering firms.
Huckabee is seeking a Communications Strategist to develop and implement integrated strategic communications plans to help our clients tell their story, drive stakeholder engagement and set them apart from the competition. The Communications Strategist will work directly with Huckabee’s K-12 public school clients and manage the delivery of our communications services focused in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex/North Texas region.
• Lead thoughtful and effective client branding and communication efforts for K-12 public school clients including comprehensive branding development, public relations plans, election campaigns and stakeholder engagement strategies
• Manage all aspects of client relationship and delivery, serving as day-to-day client contact and liaison for the team
• Advise and guide our clients through a successful community engagement and planning process for school bond and tax ratification elections and work with team to develop strategy, messaging and timelines for election campaigns
• Contribute to the creation of, and directly manage the production and execution of client services and deliverables to meet urgent and pressing deadlines in a fast-paced setting
• Some to frequent travel
• 5+ years experience in the communications, public relations, marketing, or governmental relations fields
• Excellent communicator (written and oral); strength in public speaking with the ability to express oneself clearly and tactfully
• Ability to convey professionalism and confidence to key clients in numerous settings from one-on-one meetings, group meetings and public forums
• Creative from an idea perspective, with an eye for design and an understanding of the power of storytelling and engaging with and motivating stakeholders
• Strong skills in persuasion and strategic thinking
• Proficient in effective communication tools and strategies – from print, to digital, to social media
• A people-person with the ability to build connections and perceptively manage many different personae
• Organized, skilled planner with the ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and prioritize workload
• Self-motivated and self-managing
• Working knowledge of Adobe creative suite programs
• A degree in public relations, communications, marketing or related field preferred
• Knowledge or experience with K-12 public school districts or public entities a plus