One of the world’s largest medical device outsource manufactures is seeking a Communications Specialist to plan, implement and measure communications to support the company vision, strategy, brand and values. Responsibilities range from engaging with external audiences via social media channels, bylined articles and press releases to reinforcing a cohesive culture across a diverse and geographically dispersed community through effective Associate communications.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Transform complex concepts, including the company's business strategy and technical capabilities, into high-quality, compelling content that reinforces a favorable perception of the company for internal and external audiences.
- Write and edit communications, including bylined articles, ad copy, intranet news stories, company emails, social media posts, web content, leadership talking points, video scripts, and more.
- Maintain communication excellence by ensuring the quality, consistency, accuracy, effectiveness and timeliness of messages.
- Manage content on communication channels, including the internet, intranet and social channels.
- Provide communication guidance and support to other department and teams.
- Assist with special projects as needed, including meetings, events, video/photo shoots, webinars, and new communication processes and tool launches.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Adhere to Integer Core Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications or related discipline required.
- Minimum Experience: 5-7 years of corporate communications experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills (emphasis on news and web writing), in-depth knowledge of AP Style guidelines, and an attention to detail.
- Keen understanding of the importance of a strong brand image and ability to help others understand and apply brand standards.
- Familiarity with change management philosophies and ability to convey the right messages and tone when communicating organization, process and policy changes.
- Very organized and able to successfully manage multiple projects to consistently deliver quality content on time and within budget.
- Adaptable self-starter with a propensity for continuous improvement.
- Effective relationship-building skills. Able to interact, coach and counsel others on communication processes, tools, techniques and delivery.
- Must embrace Integer’s vision, strategy, values and brand, and understand the strategic role of communications in helping the company achieve its goals.
- Strong work ethic with high integrity.
- Team player and collaborator with a “can do” attitude.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced and growing environment.
- Preserves confidentiality when dealing with proprietary information.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Knack for graphic design, video production and web technologies, or desire to learn these skills, is a plus.