Dallas-based Greyhound, the largest provider of intercity bus service in North America, is seeking a communications specialist to support all external communications for the company including media relations, writing press releases and other content, PR events and community relations. The position reports directly to the vice president of marketing.
- Serves as a media spokesperson, responding to reporter inquiries.
- Proactively pitches positive stories about Greyhound to news media, supporting the PR agency’s outreach efforts.
- Assists senior specialist, communications, with terminal grand openings, ribbon-cutting and ground-breaking events.
- Writes press releases, talking points, company fact sheets, executive bios and any other background information about the company.
- Assists senior specialist with Helping Hound employee volunteer program and community relations activities.
- Supports marketing promotions/events with PR as required.
- Serves as contributing writer for The Hound company blog and Greyhound.com.
- Manages media tracking tools, compiling and distributing clip reports to designated recipients.
- Bachelor degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field.
- 1-3 years in journalism, communications or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Some media relations experience.
- Agency experience a plus.
To apply, please submit your resume to https://apply.firstgroupcareers.com/vacancy/greyhound-corporate---communications-specialist-11983/12009/description/. No follow-up calls or e-mails, please. Only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted by a company representative.