The Professional Retail Store Maintenance Association (PRSM) is the leading global association in the multi-site retail store maintenance industry. Located in Dallas, near the Galleria, PRSM has a career growth opportunity for a Communications, PR & Video Coordinator. The successful individual will:
- Produce content for and develop Inside PRSM weekly newsletter
- Produce Weekly News Roundup for PRSM Staff
- Develop content for PRSM Magazine, in addition to providing other editorial support
- Proof PRSM Magazine and manage proofing process with association publisher
- Use online PR database to issue news releases using Cision PRWeb and other software
- Monitor and track all media coverage
- Produce monthly media coverage reports tracking news releases, social media and other media coverage
- Support other content projects as needed, including white papers, blogs
- Draft news releases and supports overall media relations
- Plan, shoot and edit videos using latest video editing software
- Serve as official photographer at association events
Education and other skills needed to be successful in this role:
- 4-year college degree in journalism, communications and marketing preferred.
- Two to four years’ proven experience writing, editing and content development.
- Video shooting, editing and production experience required - must be able to provide links to two videos produced. Will use Adobe Premier software.
- Knowledge and experience using AP style.
- Attention to detail, with superior writing, proofing and editing skills
- Exceptional communications skills both oral and written.
- Computer skills-MS office (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint, Access). Some membership database experience would be helpful.
- Experience publishing electronic newsletters preferred.
- Experience with blogs, list servers, and other internet research skills are useful.
- Ability to multi-task and work under deadline pressure and deliver excellent results.
- Send resume with T-style cover letter.
- Include PDF's or links to published writing samples - published in either public domain or corporate publications
- Provide links to videos applicant has shot, edited and produced
- Identify the top five issues you believe will impact retail facilities management
- Include five reasons why you should be PRSM's next Communications Coordinator