Manage a dynamic communications program for Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) programs, including targeted campaigns utilizing creative and digital assets to audiences including Pioneer employees, contractors and additional corporate entities. Position will oversee multiple influencer campaigns and create creative and engaging programs necessary to improve our standards of excellence with regard to safety and environmental goals and objectives. Position resides within Pioneer’s Corporate Communications team but supports the HSE department and interacts heavily with both the Pioneer Corporate Safety Committee and Pioneer Corporate Environmental Committee, along with the subcommittees and business units, to design communications, create delivery strategies and manage HSE communications for maximum impact.
- Manage HSE communications and messaging and collaborate closely with internal and external resources to create content and deliver to Pioneer’s employee base impactful written articles, videos, photography, printed materials, and various electronic media sources.
- Work closely with the Assets and Services business units to determine messaging that pertains specifically to their organizational needs and help in the communications efforts for each.
- Research and create appropriate content for needed HSE messaging and circulate for inter-departmental approvals and final approvals with the Corporate Communications group and Executive Management.
- Review and approve internal health, safety and environmental content and messaging to insure that it meets Legal and Corporate Communications guidelines.
- Manage the scheduling and release of HSE messaging in line with other Company communications. Provide strategic communications counsel regarding the most effective tools to achieve the desired impact making sure the materials developed are in line with corporate branding standards.
- Organize and arrange for the best communications paths to deliver content to employees related to safety alerts, findings associated with incident investigations, observations, safety walks, analytics revealing changes in risk trends-both good and bad, results of HSE assessments, etc., providing information to the employee base to sustain and emphasize the importance to work safely.
- Assist with the creation of corporate and local level advertising media by advising content developers and graphics personnel to create content to promote the Health and Safety Management and Environmental Management Systems, projects, events and programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Advanced degree preferred. Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or Business preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience required and 3 years of industry experience preferred. PR Agency experience preferred.
- Strong verbal, writing, and computer skills essential. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite of applications. Web-based skills, internal administrative knowledge of Pioneer’s portal, or application development capabilities a big plus but not required.
- Ability to professionally develop effective messaging related to various health, safety, environmental and operations training.
- Must have excellent project management and organizational skills to keep numerous communications and messaging projects moving to completion and final approval.
- History of successfully influencing people and teams to achieve and complete tasks and projects on time is required. Experience supervising others is preferred.
- Must be committed to spend up to 25% of time through the year in the various field locations.
Pioneer Natural Resources is an EEO/AA-M/F/disability/veteran Employer.