The Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra Association seeks an exceptional individual for the full-time position of Communications Manager. As a key member of the Marketing team, the Communications Manager will be responsible for managing external communications and content creation for the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra. He/she will develop and execute the schedule for social media postings, monitor and update FWSO website content, assist in the creation and proofing of print collateral, oversee the publication of FWSO program book, write and distribute press releases, coordinate media interviews with guest artists and FWSO representatives, schedule photo and video shoots, and seek opportunities to build positive awareness for the institution, the music director, and musicians within the Fort Worth-Dallas community.
This is a full-time position which requires both on-site and off-site duties, as well as some evening and weekend hours.
- Social Media and Website:
- Leads the FWSO’s social media activities including developing and implementing the company’s social media policy.
- Works with other departments to develop and manage the content schedule for all social media platforms.
- Provides event coverage at concerts and other FWSO events, generating real-time content, including photos, videos, and general narrative.
- Maintains a voice across platforms that is consistent with the FWSO brand.
- Monitors and updates content on FWSO website to ensure all information is up-to-date and correct.
- Public Relations:
- Fosters productive, proactive relationships with members of local, regional, and national media. Maintains current and comprehensive media contact list.
- Creates and distributes press releases, media advisories, newsletters, talking points, and media kits.
- Serves as the FWSO’s primary media contact, conceptualizing and pitching story ideas and interesting news hooks to media.
- Secures reviewing press coverage from local, regional, and national sources as well as previewing and calendar listings in all forms of media. Arranges for media access to FWSO performances and events as needed.
- Schedules interviews and accompanies company representatives and artists for radio and television appearances.
- Coordinates all company photography and videography.
- Archives media stories and maintains file of seasons’ concerts with biographies, photos and information on the guest artists, repertoire, conductors, musicians, executive staff and board members.
- Directs the creation, editorial content, and gathering of materials, in collaboration with other departments, for season program books; manages company-wide proofing process.
- Assists in creation and proofing of marketing collateral.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Arts Management, or related field.
- At least three (3) years’ experience working with press, either in public relations or in the press/radio/TV industry. Current local affiliations a plus.
- Knowledge and expert use of social media platforms. Willingness to adapt and use new outlets and applications as they manifest in the changing digital climate.
- Exceptional writing, proofreading, and editing skills, with strong emphasis on speed, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Detail-oriented and capable of working under pressure and multi-tasking, managing multiple projects, and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Efficient time management and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple constituencies.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for classical music.
- Video-editing, photography, and basic graphic design skills are a plus.
This full-time position offers an attractive salary plus benefits.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Submit resume with a cover letter stating interest and qualifications, along with three professional references to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
For more information, visit www.fwsymphony.org.