$14.35 - $17.58 Hourly
Allen Convention & Visitors Bureau (ACVB) is seeking a paid intern to assist the Marketing and Communications team in implementing comprehensive marketing and communications strategies. This position would offer hands-on experience and training in destination marketing through productive project-related work and performance feedback.
This is a part time, temporary position that may not exceed twelve (12) months. Candidates for this position should be prepared to commit at least six (6) months to the program. This position may not exceed an average of 25 hours worked per week in one year. If interested in this internship, please submit a resume, cover letter and one writing sample.
- Prepare drafts of marketing materials including newsletters, blogs, social media content, brochures, fliers, slide presentations and other marketing-related content and assets.
- Perform basic public relations tasks, including media research, assisting with management and updates of media lists, pitching stories, and preparing drafts basic public relations materials such as fact sheets, media alerts, calendar announcements and other materials as directed.
- Support the marketing and communications team in daily administrative tasks and special assignments.
- Assist with organizing familiarization tours and travel writer/influencer visits, including preparation and post-visit follow up.
- Assist with marketing event planning, set-up, execution and-or breakdown as needed.
- Assist with updating the ACVB website and work with interactive media as needed.
- Assist in the implementation of the ACVB social media plan and calendar through various platforms that include, but are not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Perform online or other research to assist in marketing and communications projects.